Sunday, July 31, 2005

Life saving activity @ the pool

Hi All,
Well, kudos to me :D. Managed to pull this guy out of the pool, call the paramedics and get him breathing (.. well somewhat) till the time they arrived all in the matter of 20 minutes. this is how the story goes.... Dude is drowning on the other side of the pool. I go over to that side to see wtf.. is going on. Then this kid next to me says that the dude is drowning ... I am like ok let me go see what is he doing at the bottom of the pool. I realise he is not doing much down there and is managing to do that without moving. DING>>>>> i suddenly realise that this is definitely not good for the dude's health and make it down there to pull him out( with assist from another dude). Then get him out of the pool somehow..(heavy fellow!! ). This dude is not breathing at all at this point. I give him some chest compressions and ask if there is anyone around who knows CPR. apparently nobody did and I am not really that knowledgeable about these matters of life and death myself and found me dialing the paramedics. Well they talked me through getting them over there and on how to assist this guy breathing. In the meantime this dude who teaches swimming in the pool arrives and I thankfully hand over the charge to more experienced hands. I am talking through to the paramedics now.. who arrive there in a few minutes of the call to give the dude further attention.
Well thankfully .. a life is saved .. and mebbe there was a purpose in me staying back this long after all :)
cheerio
!~v

3 comments:

Doc said...

WOWZIE! Hopefully the dude will be allright. Thanx to ya....

Gyro said...

Yeah, looks like he will be good :)
was looking ok when he was taken to the hospital by the paramedics. He was breathing, however I think that a day at the hospital should work wonders :)
!~v

Vits said...

Great work Gyro! We now have a certified lifesaver among us!